Do you ever just stop and really take a look at how good your life is? I’ve been doing that a lot lately. Being so close to my due date, I’m tired, uncomfortable and a little on the cranky side. I’m very “done” being pregnant. When I start feeling this way, I stop write out 10 things I’m grateful for. I have so many things to be grateful for. This week’s list looked something like this. (Keep in mind, this is in no particular order…just the way it popped into my head as I was writing it out!)
1. Ella. She constantly reminds me what life is really about. She smiles lots and gives the best hugs.
2. Eric. He’s been so patient with me. Especially when I call him into a room to get something for me. It’s usually because I don’t want to move, even though what I need is about 2 feet away from me. It’s a little pathetic on my part, but when it takes you 2 minutes to get up off the floor, it’s sometimes necessary!
3. Pajo’s Fish and Chips. I craved this at the end of my pregnancy with Ella. It’s made for a couple of fun family outings this time around too.
4. My amazing family and friends. I feel so lucky to have your support. Your willingness to listen when I moan about being uncomfortable, but that you love me anyway.
This is my sister-in-law, brother and dad…apparently I’ve taught them nothing about photography 😉
5. Flip Flops. If they didn’t exsist, I would be leaving the house in bare feet. Either that or Eric’s shoes, because mine simply don’t fit right now.
6. Fresh blueberries & peaches. I love the summer for all the wonderful fresh fruit, but especially at the end when blueberries and peaches are in season. It makes me feel a little less guilty about the fish and chips cravings.
7. My health. It’s something most of us don’t think about. We take it for granted. I don’t, I know I’m lucky.
8. My incredible clients who support me in a field I love.
9. My wonderful midwives. I so appreciate their support and the way they share information. It makes so many of our decisions easy.
10. The “baby”. No, he/she has not made an appearance yet, but I know it won’t be long. I’m looking forward to the changes a baby will bring to our family. I’m looking forward to meeting the wee one that I’ve been growing.
Thank you to those of you who took the time to comment on Tuesday’s Post about what you’re thankful for. Congrats to Julie, who’s won a set of our new thank you cards! (Winner chosen through random.org)