With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I often make a list in my head of people and things that I’m grateful for. Some years, I’ve written that list out and kept it handy for moments when I feel I need some inspiration or a morale boost. I think that as we get busier and older, we take less time to remind ourselves to really savour the present moment. Sometimes it’s good to slow down and really look at the world around you and be grateful for what you do have, instead of striving to reach the next milestone.
Here’s a peek at my list this year 🙂
* My amazing, incredibly supportive husband and business partner, Eric.
* My healthy, happy, beautiful daughter, Ella. Her laughter makes me smile every day.
* My parents, siblings and sibling-in-laws, who have always humoured me for one more portrait.
* My camera gear, all tucked away in my custom cabinet. While I’m not as much of a “gear freak” as Eric, I wouldn’t be much of a photographer without it!
* The beautiful light that happens right after sunset, just before the sky turns black.
* My home, I love where I live and all the improvments we’ve made to our house to make it a home.
* The people who challenge me to push myself and become better.
* My friends, without whom I would be lost.
* Being healthy and happy. Life truly is a wonderful gift!
* To do lists (yup, you read that right) If I didn’t have my lists, I would forget half of what I set out to do in the morning.
* Yarn, beautiful expensive yarn, I love to create with it!
And last, but certainly not least, my clients. You trust me with your precious memories, believe in what I do and for that I’m deeply grateful.
Share a comment below about what you’re thankful for before Tuesday October 12th, your name will be entered into a draw to win a free portrait session. A value of $225!!